Sunday 21 October 2012

Halloween card kit on Scraputante: my reveal

Hello, my dear crafting friends! This is my very first post for Scraputante shop and kit club. I was picked as a card/mini albums designer and I decided to make this a bit different. I am not going to make my usual style projects(messy, clustered and so non classic), but to try to make 4 cards in 4 different styles. It's also a kind of self training: can we go out of our comfort zone and to craft " for all"? You tell after I show you my cards made with Scraputante new kit.

So I begin with a first card: Clean and Simple style. 


There were a few envelopes in this kit, I used 2 to decorate and one as my card matting. Other 2  were not used at all: one card was too long for the envelope and one was too bulky.

Clean and simple card and envelope: one paper layer over the basic cardstock . Hand cut of 3 matting squares with 3 images, all adhered with 3d foam that was included in the kit. Sentiment hand cut and adhered the same way. For the envelope I used border punch, but it's not a must. Beginners level of card making, can 
be done even  with kids and a little help from adults.






 Classic card: 3 layers of paper, all punched and layered one over another. Upper part covered with a paper strip and twine bow. Main image adhered in the middle as a focal point , sentiment on the corner. My tip here: if your shapes are translucent as here, use Glossy Accents or some similar very clear glue to adhere them over your project. 



Shabby card: Also making shabby is pretty hard with Halloween, the huge flower and clustering make this card made in a shabby style. I used one of the envelopes as my  second layer as I wanted to maximize my kit supplies and not to use another black cardstock. 3d foam are great for this clusters of embellishments and 
the only add on is this white pen faux stitching.



Grungy card: I used kit supplies only for this card, so the distress look comes from edge distressing and brown inking. If you have same cuts, you can make the 3d image using 3d foam. Big circles on your paper are great to add some small buttons over the circles and do it  randomly. Ink the basic card too for the same 
vintage look.




For this card I made an envelope: same 3 circles , but flat if we want it to be mailed after all. 

So if you need to make a few fast Halloween cards- here is a link to the shop again. Also a lot of new and great products are in the shop and lot of them even on sale. 
Hope you like my cards and see you next month

No comments:

Popular Posts