Friday 25 April 2014

Die versions April release: altered canvas

Hello my dear crafty friends !
Hello my dear crafty friends! Irit is here with my very first project with April new release. As I live in Israel, it usually takes time to get my new released dies and it means 3 posts from me in a very near time.
So for my first project I made this altered canvas and it was a fine way to show you all that DV dies are not just for card makers.
 I called it Pretty dream and it's my red- orange- yellow  dream of summer, also it's really black and white project with a few mists only.

My 8*8'' canvas was painted with chalkboard paint. Then I  added texture with white paste and two masks (TCW and Tando Creative)
The next step was to add some more texture with a few washi tapes and then I made a die cut with new April Ovals Background  die (just white cardstock) and cutout the edges. Altered art should never be perfect and the full die cut is  so much perfect that you just need to tear/cut it to fit the Mixed Media project. All die cuts were glued with Mod Podge.
The second die I used from the new April release is this  Sweet frame PRETTY, but again, I just used the word of it. Then I stamped a few big flowers, cut them out and glued over the main die cut piece. The stamped word Dream was glued under the word Pretty and made this canvas' title.

I also added  the Lacy dots' edger  die cut  on the lower right corner, some flowers  and then misted the whole piece with 3-4 mists to get this summer mood canvas.
 I enter this to some web challenges
 Frineds with Flair for Unity
Anything goes for Sprinkle of Imagination
 Big stamps for SSSS
 Not a card for CRAFT


19 comments:

Mandi said...

Wow that is amazing! Love the orange :)

Ruby said...

WOW This is stunning. I love the colour scheme. Great texture too. TFS

Ruby said...

WOW This is stunning. I love the colour scheme. Great texture too. TFS

Rachel said...

beautiful! love the great bright oranges and textures
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Gaylynn said...

Stunning and fill with nice detail. :)

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, really beautiful!!

Kris said...

WOW! Love the chalkboard paint base. It really makes the other colors and textures POP!

Angie C. D. said...

Bright and bold! Love all the texture.

Linda said...

That card is very colorful.

thassos456 said...

Love the page, it's beautiful :)

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love those bright colors. TFS

Dawn Fields said...

Wow! Stunning work of art!

Donna K said...

Lovely, Irit. I've said it before but I love your unique and colorful style. You always share wonderful projects!

Cynthia said...

Wow, fabulous mixed media canvas Irit. Great colors and textures.

Anonymous said...

Dark and dreamy - bold and thoughtful!
hugs, JoyceAnn

An'Jenic G. said...

Pretty canvas. I love the many layers and textures used. TFS An'Jenic

Waving My Wand said...

Very creative. I enjoy your projects a lot.

Emma Williams said...

A very creative and eye catching canvas! I love all the layers and textures you've used to create this and the colour tones are just wonderful. Thank you for sharing your project and for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog... :)

Julie Odil said...

This is so striking!

Popular Posts