Friday 22 August 2014

2014: a year of Steampunk- VLVS Guest designer post



Hello my dear crafty friends! Today I am going to show you my second project made as VLVS Guest designer and this is my tribute to Steampunk. About a year ago I hardy knew that this word exists. Now I 
am a proud steampunk lover and I made this chipboard tray as my 2014: Steampunk year.




I should say that the only Steampunk stamps I own are from VLVS and I bought them long before I was asked to be their guest designer. I just think that VLVS have the best assortment of steampunk stamps in the world! I believe that this is true and not just my statement. Then I have a few steampunk chipboards and some Tim Holtz metals. That is practically all. But look how much can be done just with a bunch of lovely 
stamps, some inks and a lot of imagination!


So here is my tray: each window is heavily stamped, heat embossed and inked over. Some of the windows 
are collaged and some were made with a single stamped image only. The grunge 2014 letters were hand cut and adhered over 3d foam glue for the dimension. I even stamped this small letter in the bottle with Dictionary stamp and rolled into the tiny bottle.








 As for other techniques: I used crackled paint over the frame and added a darker shade with more ink over the dry paint. I changed the color of metal plaque with alcohol ink. I heat embossed the chipboards around with a mix of 2-3 embossing powders. Not much and maybe even too much. I like the final result and I am very proud of my steampunk project.
And finally I want to thank DeeDee and VLVS for the great chance to be their guest designer. I hope I 
 inspired VLVS blog readers and hope to be back here some day!
I also enter this art piece to a few web challenges
SSSS- Anything goes
 Anything goes for Stamping Sensations
 Artistic stamper- Anything goes





6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wowsers! This is incredible!!

Bibi Lindahl said...

Super cool, Irit! :-)

Sally H said...

Wow, Irit! A fabulous creation, with wonderful inking! Thanks for joining us at stamping sensations this month and good luck!

Anonymous said...

wow! so full of such lovely detail! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

brenda said...

Goodness me Irit, this is a real work of art, it must have taken you ages but worth every minute as it's stunning.

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Unknown said...

Hi Irit, fabulous work! I love your grunge numbers with the beautiful coloured backgrounds. Thanks for joining in with us at Stamping Sensations this month. Maddy x

Popular Posts